When fostering with Oxfordshire County Council, you’re helping children to remain in their local area, which means they can continue in their educational setting and maintain friendships and family connections.
In order for us to place the children we care for, locally, with our own foster carers we need to recruit more carers, who can provide a safe and caring environment in their own homes for children who cannot, for a variety of reasons, live with their own families, for however long that might be.
More about fostering with Oxfordshire County Council:
To be a foster carer with us you will need:
- The patience, humour and energy to look after a child
- A spare bedroom for the child
- Live in Oxfordshire.
When you foster with a local authority, you are fostering directly with Children’s services who are responsible for the children who you will care for. A local authority fostering service is not for profit and has child welfare at its heart.
Here are four great reasons to foster with Oxfordshire County Council:
- A generous fee paid in addition to the child’s allowance based on your experience and skills.
- 24/7 dedicated social worker support
- You will become part of a family of foster carers and professionals who are passionate about improving the outcomes for some of our most vulnerable children
- You will have access to the professionals involved with the child/children you care for and be linked in with support groups and specialised training all on your doorstep.
To register your interest go online www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/fostering