Time to prepare 10 minutes
Time to cook 10-15 minutes
Makes approximately 20 biscuits
125g/scant 4½oz gluten-free plain flour (Doves Farm used when testing this recipe)
Pinch of salt
75g/generous 2½oz vegan margarine, straight from the fridge
45g/1½oz caster sugar plus a little extra to sprinkle on top of the biscuits
1 lemon, zest only
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the flour, salt and margarine into a bowl and gently rub in with your fingertips.
- Add the sugar and lemon zest. Stir, then bring together into a ball.
- Dust your work surface and rolling pin with a little flour and gently roll out the dough.
- Cut the dough into biscuits and place onto a lined baking sheet. Dust the biscuits with a little extra sugar.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until golden. As the biscuits cool, they will crispen.
Chef’s tip: Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The Vegan Baking guide can be downloaded free of charge from the Vegetarian for Life website where details of the vegan baking courses can also be found, or order a physical copy for just £2 plus P&P.