Carterton Football & Education Academy, working with OSA Academy & SCL Education, enables students & student athletes to access further education provision within an inspiring environment whilst utilising the clubs practical facilities to supplement the academic delivery.
The programme can also provide additional industry work experience for students via OSA Academy, across areas including coaching, refereeing, scouting, social media, match analysis & treatment/management of injuries. This can be combined as education & football or education & work experience.
Why Carterton Football & Education Programme?
- UP TO 8 HOURS COACHING PER WEEK FROM UEFA QUALIFIED COACHES.
- INDIVIDUAL & TEAM PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS USING VEO. COMPETITIVE
- WEEKLY LEAGUE & CUP FIXTURE SCHEDULE.
- GAIN RECOGNISED SPORTS INDUSTRY QUALIFICATIONS.
- OPPORTUNITIES TO GAIN ON SPORTS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCES. (social media management, coaching, treatment & management of injuries)
- A UNIQUE PROGRAMME TO THE WEST OXFORDSHIRE AREA.
- PROGRESS TO HIGHER EDUCATION AT CFC OR UNI
Study - Set hours per week and gain sports specific qualifications, knowledge & experience.
Train - 4 times a week at the clubs facility in preparation for the games programme
Play - Represent the football club in weekly matches in both league and cup fixtures.
Experience - Gain invaluable experience both on and off the pitch with clear pathways and routes
Progress - Opportunities from the course into higher education, full time employment and the clubs development and first team.
Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching and Development
This qualification is intended as a 2 year programme for post 16 students. It is equivalent to up to 3 A Levels and is intended for those wanting to progress directly into employment as a coach.
In addition, the breadth of content in this qualification allows learners to progress to a large variety of Higher Education and Degree level courses.